October 16, 2023
Christmas Berry Pavlova
Topped with fresh seasonal berries and whipped cream, this festive pav is perfect for Christmas!
Preparation Time: 120 minutes
- 8 room temperature egg whites
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml Cream (whipped)
- Strawberries (or any other fresh berries or passionfruit pulp)
Back to blog
- Starting on a low speed, whisk the egg whites for 2 mins then increase to a medium speed until soft peaks form. Should take 6-7 mins total.
- Slowly add in caster sugar, waiting till the sugar has incorporated before adding more. Repeat this until all the sugar has been used.
- Whisk for 10 mins until glossy.
- In a bowl add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla, mix into a paste. Add to the egg whites, then add the cream of tartar.
- Whisk for another 5 minutes - should be glossy and firm.
- To make the circular shape, draw a 25cm diameter circle on the baking paper and place onto a baking tray, with a spoon scoop the mixture evenly onto the circle.
- Cook meringue for 90 mins on 120oC.
- When finished, leave in the oven with the door ajar for an hour until the pavlova has cooled down completely.
- Once it has cooled down, slide the pavlova onto a serving tray and decorate with whipped cream and fresh berries - and enjoy!