October 16, 2023
Margherita Pizza Dough
Bring home a taste of Italy with this authentic Margherita Pizza recipe, featuring The Ultimate Loaf Bread Maker by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 375g warm water (45 °C)
- 10g (2 tsp) table salt
- 45g (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 100g (½ cup +1 tbsp) fine semolina flour, plus more for dusting
- 400g (3¼ cups) bread flour
- 5g (1 tsp) instant dry yeast
- To make the dough, fix the kneading paddles onto the drive shafts and add ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed above. Close the lid.
- Press the 'Menu' button and select the '6' (DOUGH) function then press 'START/STOP' to begin the cycle. Scrape the sides of the bread pan occasionally with a spatula. Meanwhile, preheat oven to its maximum temperature.
- Once the dough cycle is complete, press 'START/STOP' and gently tip the dough onto a bench dusted with semolina flour.
- Divide the dough into four even portions then roll into balls. Cover with a lightly dampened towel and rest for 15 minutes.
- Working one at a time, place a dough onto a heavyweight oven tray dusted with semolina flour.
- Stretch the dough into a 20cm circle, leaving the edge slightly thicker to form a crust.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce onto the base, then scatter with torn pieces of mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and caramelising, and the crust is beginning to burnish in places, 3-5 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves before cutting. Repeat with the remaining doughs.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Ultimate Loaf Bread MakerBack to blog