April 19, 2023
A tried and true Indian favourite- try this Butter Chicken recipe featuring The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and halved
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 270g plain yoghurt
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup picked coriander leaves, chopped, to serve
Back to blog
- Using the sauté function on The Smart Chef Multicooker, heat the oil and brown the chicken on all sides. Work in batches of six pieces at a time to avoid crowding the inner pot. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes until softened, followed by the garlic, ginger, spices and salt. Cook, stirring for one minute then add the tomato paste. Cook for a further 2 minutes before deglazing with the chicken stock.
- Gently stir through the reserved chicken, lemon juice and zest.
- Attach the lid, select the poultry function and adjust the cooking time to 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time has completed, turn off and allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes.
- Use the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure after this time.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside, loosely covered, to rest.
- Add the yoghurt, maple syrup and cream to the sauce and use a stick blender to blend to a smooth consistency. Season to taste then return the chicken to the pot and stir well to coat.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with chopped coriander and serve with a side of basmati rice.