An authentic Greek Yoghurt made from home, this recipe features The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
Note: Make sure the yoghurt label lists ‘live cultures’ under the ingredients list. These cultures are necessary to the yoghurt making process.
- 2L whole milk
- 70g plain Greek yoghurt, with ‘live cultures’
Tip: If you don’t have muslin, then line your sieve with a good quality paper towel.
- Ensure the stainless-steel inner pot of the The Smart Chef Multicooker is sterile by running it through a hot dishwasher cycle or under some boiling water.
- Place the milk and yoghurt into the pot and whisk well to incorporate.
- Attach the lid, select the yoghurt function (8 hours) and press start.
- When the cooking time has completed, remove the inner pot and carefully transfer the yoghurt to a muslin-lined sieve. Place the sieve over a large bowl in the refrigerator and allow to strain and set overnight.
- The thickness of your finished yoghurt can be adjusted by adding a few tablespoons of whey back into the strained yoghurt.
- Homemade yoghurt will last, refrigerated, for up to one week.