April 17, 2023
Pearl Cous Cous Salad with Zucchini, Orange, Mint and Halloumi
A quick and easy to make salad for spring!
- 1 cup pearl cous cous
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into strips lengthwise
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 2 tbs mint, chopped
- 2 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs dill, chopped
- 1 tbs pinenuts
- 1 tbs slivered almonds
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 block of haloumi, cut into 0.5cm strips
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
Back to blog
- Put the pearl cous cous and 1 cup of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to sit for a further 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- While the cous cous is cooking, heat a large frypan over medium heat, add the slices of zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the broccoli into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place cous cous into a large bowl. Add the red onion, zucchini, broccoli, orange segments and chopped herbs.
- Heat a small frypan over medium heat, add the nuts and seeds and toast, stirring for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let them burn. Set aside once golden brown.
- In the same frypan, add the haloumi and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients into a small bowl or jar and stir/shake well to combine. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well to combine.
- Top the salad with the nuts and seeds and grilled haloumi.