Potato and Tomato Mediterranean Bake
The weekend is here, and with it, a dish that will warm your soul and fill your tummy! @createcookshare brings us a hearty 'Potato and Tomato Mediterranean Bake' that will have you coming back for seconds (or thirds!)
Serves: 8 as a side dish
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 800g potatoes, thinly sliced (2mm)
- 500g tomatoes, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried (optional to use fresh herb)
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried (optional to use fresh herb)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven 180C fan forced.
- Place the potatoes upright in rows and arrange a slice of tomato in between every fourth potato slice. Pack snuggly but not too tightly.
- Season evenly with the sea salt, pepper.
- In a bowl combine and whisk the herbs, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Drizzle evenly over the potatoes and tomatoes, making sure everything has been coated with the mixture.
- Pour into the edges the water and drizzle extra oil over the top.
- Loosely place baking paper and foil over the top and bake for 1 hour, then remove cover and cook a further 20 minutes to allow browning.
- Serve warm alongside main meal or garden salad.
Love onions? Elevate this recipe by slicing onion rings and adding them into the rows alongside the tomatoes.Back to blog