April 18, 2023
Baked Ricotta Cheesecake with Summer Stone Fruits
This Baked Ricotta Cheesecake will be your new favourite and no doubt a regular on the menu for years to come too.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 60g unsalted butter (at room temperature) + plus extra for greasing cake tin
- 1-2 tsp caster sugar (for dusting the cake tin)
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 300g caster sugar
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120ml full-fat milk
FOR THE POACHED FRUITS
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 700ml water
- 3 peaches
- 3 black plums
- 3 apricots
- 300ml double cream (whipped)
- Edible gold leaf (optional)
Back to blog
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (160oC fan-forced) Line the base of a 23cm spring form cake pan, then butter the sides and sprinkle with sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, caster sugar, and butter, mix until smooth. Add ricotta and stir to combine. Sift in flour and baking powder, add milk, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, in two batches. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, smooth the top with a palette knife. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Once cooked, allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing the collar.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the fruits by slicing each piece in half and removing the stones. In a medium sized saucepan add sugar and water, once dissolved add the peaches and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Take off the heat, add apricots and plums and allow to cool to room temp.
- To serve, decorate the cake with freshly whipped cream, poached stone fruits and gold leaf.