April 28, 2023
Nothing beats homemade bread, especially this delicious Sourdough recipe!
- 240g white bread flour
- 60g wholewheat flour
- 230g filtered water
- 60g levain
- 6g salt
- 10g rice flour
Back to blog
- Mix the flour and water in a large bowl until all the dry bits are hydrated and rest (autolyse) for an hour.
- Mix in levain and salt until the dough comes together in a smooth ball, cover the bowl with a tea towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Perform 2 sets of stretch and fold, 30 minutes apart.
- Perform 2 sets of coil folds, 45 minutes apart. Rest for an hour after the last set of coil fold, by the end of this the dough should have grown significantly (almost doubled), has a domed surface with a few bubbles appearing on it.
- Dust your work surface with some rice flour, and gently ease the dough out of the bowl onto it. Shape and place your loaf seam side up in a banneton which have been liberally dusted with flour (or a bowl with a tea towel if you don’t have one). Cover/ place the whole thing into a plastic bag, and leave in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven and dutch oven to 220c for at least 30 mins. Remove banneton from fridge, and flip dough onto a piece of baking paper. Score/ slash the loaf and carefully place into the pre-heated dutch oven.
- Bake for 20 mins with the lid on, and 20 mins with the lid off.
- Transfer to a wire rack for at least 2 hours before slicing through. Enjoy!