Blueberry Ice Cream
Cool off with a refreshing Blueberry Ice Cream from The Ultimate Scoop Ice Cream Maker.
Important: Place the freezer bowl in the freezer for at least 12 hours prior to preparing your ice cream mixture.
- 500g frozen blueberries
- 375ml full fat thickened cream
- 150ml full fat milk
- 200g white sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- In a saucepan place blueberries, sugar and water and slowly bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered until sugar is dissolved and berries are softened.
- Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard pulp, add salt and lemon juice and sit in an ice bath to cool.
- Whisk cream until it starts to hold together and is thick but still pourable.
- Mix gently together cream, milk and blueberry juice then refrigerate to cool down to 5-10˚C.
- Set time to 30 minutes on the The Ultimate Scoop Ice Cream Maker and press power button on.
- Pour mixture through the chute slowly.
- Either eat immediately or transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 1-2 hours for a firmer texture