April 18, 2023
BBQ Grazing Platter
Nothing says come and join the party like a platter brimming with delectable seafood.
- Mussels in the shell – pour some white wine over mussels, sprinkle some dill and add salt and pepper.
- Calamari rings – Olive oil, garlic, lemon juice
- Scallops – Lemon juice and chilli flakes
- Prawns – Leave the shells on and marinate in olive oil, parsley or any fresh herbs and minced garlic.
- 100gms white fish roe or tarama
- 300gms white bread (stale with crusts removed) Soak in water and squeeze to remove all water.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 medium red onion – grated
Back to blog
- Once the bread has been soaked and squeezed to remove the excess water.
- Add the bread, grated onion and tarama to a food processor and blend until well combined. Add ½ the lemon juice and blend. Gradually pour in the olive oil (small amounts at a time) whilst the food processor is blending and keep doing so until you have a mayonnaise consistency, where the oil has incorporated into the mixture well and the dip becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add extra lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the platter with by itself with lemon wedges! Or serve with olive oil marinated with fresh chopped herbs like parsley or dill and chopped fresh chilli’s.