April 19, 2023
BBQ Pulled Pork
Enjoy this succulent and easy-to-make BBQ Pulled Pork, using The Smart Chef Multicooker.
- 1kg boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and quartered
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil- 350ml pineapple juice
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 100ml good quality BBQ sauce
Back to blog
- Remove the pork from the fridge and pat it dry with paper towel 1 hr before cooking. This allows the protein to come to room temperature and cook more evenly.
- Combine the garlic and onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the pork and toss to coat, ensuring all sides are covered in the spice mix.
- Using the sauté function on the The Smart Chef Multicooker, heat the oil and brown the pork on all sides. Work in batches of two at a time to avoid crowding the pan. Remove the pork and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the pineapple juice, stir through the sliced onion and return the pork to the pan.
- Attach the lid, select the pork/ribs function and adjust the cooking time to 1 hour.
- When the cooking time has completed, turn off and allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Use the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure after this time.
- Remove the pork and coarsely shred the meat. Stir through the BBQ sauce and season to taste. Serve the BBQ Pulled Pork with brioche rolls, hot mustard and a side of coleslaw or in tortillas with your favourite topping