April 19, 2023
Beef and Stout Stew
A wonderfully full, rich Beef & Stout Stew recipe, from The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 75 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg chuck steak, 4cm dice
- 150g speck, diced
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced- 2 garlic cloves, sliced- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml stout
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 300ml beef stock
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
Back to blog
- Using the sauté function on The Smart Chef Multicooker, heat the oil, add the beef in batches and brown all over. Remove the beef and set aside. Repeat until all beef has been browned.
- Add the speck, onion, garlic, carrots and celery and sauté for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the flour and continue to cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, including the beef and stir well to combine.
- Attach the lid, select the beef function (35 minutes) and press start.
- When the cooking time has completed, release the pressure slowly using the quick release method.
- Strain the mixture, separating the solids from the liquid. Return the liquid to the pot and reduce the sauce until it coats the back of a spoon. Return the solids to the pot and season to taste.
- Divide the stew between serving bowls, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with a side of soft polenta.