April 19, 2023
Broccoli and Potato Soup
Perfect winter fare: Broccoli and Potato Soup, made with The Flavour Blast Blender & Grinder by Baccarat.
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into small florets, stems peeled and diced
- 2½ tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic gloves, chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- Sour cream and seed mix to finish
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
Back to blog
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, but do not let it colour.
- Add garlic, sauté about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Add broccoli, potato, vegetable stock.
- Season with salt, lemon juice, and chilli.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into the glass jug of the The Flavour Blast Blender & Grinder and blend until desired consistency or smooth.
- Reheat in the saucepan, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a little finely zested lemon rind, sour cream and seed mix to garnish.