April 19, 2023
Butternut Pumpkin Soup
Hearty winter fare- a Butternut Pumpkin Soup recipe featuring The Quick Mix Stick Blender Set by Baccarat.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5kg peeled and deseeded butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 L chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cream, plus extra to serve
This recipe uses The Baccarat® Smart Chef XL Multicooker.
Back to blog
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil and cook the onion, leek and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the coriander and cumin and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes until the spices are toasted and aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin, carrots, stock and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Attach the lid, select the soup function and adjust the cooking time to 15 minutes.
- When the cooking time has completed, release the pressure slowly using the pressure limiting valve.
- Stir through ½ cup of cream and then using the blending bar attachment on The Quick Mix Stick Blender blitz the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Season to taste and serve with an extra drizzle of cream. Enjoy.