April 18, 2023
Caramelised Fig, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Crostini
Serve up the Caramelised Fig, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Crostini as a decadent treat at your next dinner party!
Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 1 baguette
- 5 fresh figs
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 200 grams prosciutto, finely sliced
- 200 grams fresh mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
Back to blog
- Caramelise figs - Slice figs in half and sprinkle the cut side with brown sugar. Place figs cut side up on a lined baking tray, roast for 30 - 35 minutes at 180 degrees, until the sugar begins to caramelise the figs.
- Toast bread - Slice baguette into pieces, brush with olive oil and toast on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Assemble crostini - Layer the bread with a slice of prosciutto, torn mozzarella, a caramelised fig half, and a basil leaf. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt flakes. Enjoy!