April 19, 2023
Chilli Con Carne
Set your taste buds alight with this Chilli Con Carne recipe, featuring The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 500g lean minced beef
- 300ml beef stock
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ bunch coriander, to serve
- Corn chips and guacamole, to serve
Back to blog
- Using the sauté function, heat 2 tbsp of the oil and cook the onion, garlic and capsicum for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chilli powder, paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes until the spices are toasted and aromatic. Remove this mixture from the inner pot and set aside.
- Deglaze the pot with ¼ cup of the beef stock and then pour this over the onion mixture.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and add the beef mince. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned. Add the remaining beef stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, sea salt and cooked onion mixture to the pot, and stir well.
- Attach the lid, select the bean/chilli function on The Smart Chef Multicooker and adjust the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- When the cooking time has completed, release the pressure slowly using the quick release method.
- Select the sauté function and simmer for a further 12 minutes, reducing the sauce by half.
- Season the con carne to taste, garnish with coriander and serve with corn chips and guacamole.