April 17, 2023
Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Pudding
Lick your lips over this delectably rich Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Pudding!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 20g butter, for greasing baking dish
- 12 chocolate hot cross buns
- 80g chocolate
- 8 medium eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 800ml thickened cream
- 200mls mascarpone
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced.
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish that is at least 5 cm deep, with butter.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half, setting the tops to the side. Cut the bun bases into quarters.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, cream, mascarpone and vanilla until combined. Add the bun bases to the mixture, stir together so the buns are covered and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the soaked buns to the baking dish, spreading them out evenly and scatter half of the raspberries and chocolate.
- Dip the bottom of the buns tops into the remaining liquid then arrange in the tray. Pour the remaining liquid from the bowl over the top of the buns, use a pastry brush to ensure each bun has a liquid coating. Scatter remaining raspberries.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then, remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes. You want the custard to be slightly set, and the buns tops to be golden brown.
- If you feel like a bit of extra sweetness, dust lightly with icing sugar and enjoy while warm.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat Le Connoisseur Stoneware Lasagne Dish 38cm SeaBack to blog