April 19, 2023
Enjoy this light and fluffy Cinnamon Donut recipe, featuring The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 125 minutes
- 200ml milk, warmed
- 14g dried yeast (2 sachets)
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 400g 00 flour
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Cooking spray
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup white sugar
Back to blog
- Combine the milk, yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar together in a jug and whisk well to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Using a stand mixer with a dough attachment, combine the flour, remaining sugar, salt, egg, vanilla, zest and wet yeast mixture. Mix for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic and comes away from the edges of the bowl. If the dough is too sticky an extra 1 tbsp of flour can be added. Place the dough in a clean, oiled bowl and set aside, covered, for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 1.5cm and then cut the dough into 8cm rounds using a circle cutter and a 2cm cutter to make the central holes. Any scraps of dough can be collected, re-rolled and cut until all the dough has been shaped.
- Carefully place the shaped dough onto a lightly floured baking tray. Cover the tray with a tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Select the Preheat icon on The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity lightly with cooking oil. Place four evenly spaced donuts onto the tray and spray the surface of the dough with a light coating of oil.
- Close the draw, select the Cake icon, and use the +/- icon to reduce the default temperature to 150°C and the cooking time to 5 minutes, and press start.
- Place the cinnamon and sugar into a large bowl and mix well. Toss hot donuts through the cinnamon sugar mixture, giving each a good coating.
- Repeat this process until all of your dough has been cooked and your donuts have been dusted in sugar, and then enjoy!