April 19, 2023
For a standout source of protein, try this falafel recipe featuring the The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 105 Minutes
- 250g dried chickpeas
- ½ brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Cooking spray
Back to blog
- Place dried chickpeas in a large bowl and cover completely with cold water. Cover and set aside to soak overnight. The chickpeas will swell to double in size so ensure there is plenty of water and space in the bowl for this to happen.
- Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas and then place in a food processor along with all other ingredients. Pulse the mixture until it is coarsely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Place the falafel mixture in the fridge for 1hr to firm up.
- Roll 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture into balls between the palms of your hands and set aside on a tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been shaped.
- Select the Preheat icon on The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity lightly with cooking oil. Place ten evenly spaced falafels onto the tray and spray with a light coating of oil. Close the drawer, select the Vegetables icon, and use the +/- icon to increase the default temperature to 175°C and the cooking time to 15 minutes, and press start.
- Open the draw at the halfway mark and turn the falafels over. Spray lightly with oil, close the draw and allow the setting to finish. Repeat this process with the remaining falafel then season with extra sea salt and enjoy!