April 19, 2023
Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Feast on this Fried Chicken Drumsticks recipe, featuring The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Cooking spray
Back to blog
- Combine the eggs, sriracha and milk in a large bowl, whisk well to combine and set aside.
- Place the flours and seasoning ingredients into another large bowl and mix well. Toss the drumsticks one at a time through the flour mixture, shaking off the excess and setting aside on a cake rack over a baking tray.
- Dip each drumstick into the egg mixture, ensuring each is well coated. Shake off the excess egg mixture and place back on the cake rack to allow any extra mixture to drain off. Repeat until all the drumsticks have been coated in egg mixture.
- Toss each drumstick back through the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Select the Preheat icon on The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity lightly with cooking oil. Place all six drumsticks onto the frying tray ensuring they’re evenly spaced and not touching. Spray the drumsticks with a light coating of oil.
- Close the drawer, select the Drumstick icon (200°C) and use the +/- icon to reduce the default cooking time to 18 minutes, and press start.
- Open the draw at the halfway mark and turn the drumsticks over. Spray lightly with oil, close the draw and allow the setting to finish. Allow the fried chicken to rest for 5 minutes, and then enjoy!