Halloumi and Mediterranean Vegetable Skewers
Veggie night is sorted with this flavourful Halloumi and Mediterranean Vegetable Skewers recipe, featuring The Ultimate Grill & Press Contact Grill by Baccarat.
Servings: 4 Skewers
Preparation time: 10 minutes (+ marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 125g halloumi, cut in 3cm squares
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, cut in 3cm squares
- 1 red onion, cut in 3cm chunks
- 150g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 small zucchini, cut in 1cm slices
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp flake salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place the prepared halloumi and vegetables in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, spices and garlic, then mix with the halloumi and vegetables. For best results, leave to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the Baccarat® The Ultimate Grill to 'SETTING 4' (240°C).
- Drain the mixture, reserving the marinade, then thread the vegetables onto four metal skewers at least 18cm long*
- Cook on the flat plate until beginning to burnish, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook until the vegetables are cooked but still retain bite, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle over the reserved marinade. Enjoy!
*if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes ahead of time
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Ultimate Grill & Press Contact GrillBack to blog