April 19, 2023
Lamb Shank Ragù
Savour this flavour-filled Lamb Shank Ragù recipe, featuring The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
- 3 large lamb shanks, trimmed
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 600g chopped tomatoes
- 350ml chicken stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
Back to blog
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and lamb in a large bowl and toss the lamb to coat. Dust off the excess and set aside.
- Using the sauté function on The Smart Chef Multicooker, heat the oil and brown the lamb shanks on all sides. Work in batches of one or two at a time to avoid crowding the pan. Remove the shanks and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for two minutes until softened. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Carefully place the shanks into the sauce ensuring the meat is covered and the bone is facing up.
- Attach the lid, select the slow cook function and adjust the cooking time to 6 hours.
- When the cooking time has completed, turn off and allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Use the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure after this time.
- Remove the shanks and set aside. Strain the sauce then return the liquid to the pot to reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Pick the meat from the shanks and add it to the strained solids. Place this mixture back into the pot with the reduced liquid and fold gently to combine.
- Divide the ragù between serving bowls, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with a side of mashed potato.