April 19, 2023
Moroccan Fish Stew
A Mediterranean marvel, this Moroccan Fish Stew recipe features The Smart Chef Multicooker by Baccarat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 70g mixed pitted olives
- 400g firm, skin-on fish fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
- 70g sliced skin-on almonds, toasted
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Couscous, to serve
Back to blog
- Using the sauté function on The Smart Chef Multicooker, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes until the spices are toasted and aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, ½ cup water and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the chickpeas and olives and then carefully fold through the fish pieces.
- Attach the lid, select the meat/stew function and adjust the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time has completed, release the pressure slowly using the quick release method.
- Stir through the sliced almonds and coriander and divide between serving bowls. Serve with couscous.