Enjoy fresh pasta at home and have fun making your own pasta creations with our Pasta Dough recipe.
- 2 cups of unbleached all purpose “OO” flour
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Additional flour for kneading
Tip: Add extra flour on your surface while kneading to ensure your dough is not sticky. Sprinkle more flour on the dough to make sure that the dough does not stick to the rollers.
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients until combined. Or blend all the ingredients in bowl and mix with a whisk until combined. Forms the mixed dough into a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Cut the dough into four sections, wrap three separately in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge or cool place or approximately 30 minutes.
4. Set the smooth roller of the pasta maker to the widest setting (number 7).
5. Flatten an unwrapped piece of dough into a rectangular shape and feed it through the roller by turning the pasta machine handle.
6. Dust the dough with flour, fold in half-length ways, then feed through the roller again. Continue to do this while adjusting the roller setting to your desired pasta thickness has been achieved.
7. Cut the dough in half lengthways, leaving dough on dusted bench surface and then feed the dough through either the wide or thin pasta cutters to cut your dough into strips to suit that perfect pasta dish.
8. Place the pasta strips in lightly salted boiling water, and cook until al dente.
9. Top with or toss through your favourite sauce, herbs and vegetables; sprinkle with cheese or fresh herbs and serve.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat Gourmet Pasta MachineBack to blog