April 28, 2023
Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Date and Walnut Loaf
Let the sweet, spicy aroma of this Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Date and Walnut Loaf recipe fill up your home.
Serves 8 - 10
- 350g pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups wholemeal flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 6 medjool dates, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 125g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs finely chopped walnuts
Back to blog
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper and prepare a loaf tin.
- Place chopped pumpkin onto baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss. Bake for ~25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly then mash.
- Place flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, spices, salt, chopped dates and walnuts into a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add the milk and vanilla, cooled butter and mashed pumpkin and mix to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared loaf tin.
- Mix the 1 tbs brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped walnuts in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm as it is or with some butter on top