April 18, 2023
Roasted Baby Carrots with Gremolata
The classic Italian condiment gremolata adds instant vibrancy to earthy roasted carrots.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 1kg baby carrots
- 30g honey
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
FOR THE GREMOLATA
- Handful of parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove (minced)
Back to blog
- Wash the carrots thoroughly in cold water and trim the tops.
- In a small saucepan melt the honey, butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the carrots out in two baking trays, then brush with the melted honey and butter mixture, ensuring all are well coated.
- Roast in the oven at 180oC (160oC fan-forced), for 35-40 min until golden and cooked through.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining chopped parsley, garlic and lemon zest.
- As soon as the carrots come out of the oven, stir through the gremolata, check seasoning, then serve.