October 16, 2023
Seared Snapper with Romesco
Light and fresh, this Seared Snapper with Romesco recipe is perfect for any season, featuring The Ultimate Grill & Press Contact Grill by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 2 skin-on baby snapper fillets, about 200g each
- 150g tinned roasted peppers
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the snapper
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt flakes, plus more for the snapper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 50g almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup picked watercress
- Handful of roasted cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the Baccarat® The Ultimate Grill to 'SETTING 4' (240°C)
- To make the romesco sauce, combine the roasted peppers, vinegar, garlic, spices, salt, olive oil and 30g of the almonds in a small food processor or blender, then puree until smooth.
- Brush the skin of the snapper fillets with olive oil and season both sides with salt.
- Place skin side down onto the flat plate and cook until the fish has turned white ¾ of the way up the fish, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for 1 more minute or until cooked through, then remove from the flat plate.
- Spread ¼ cup of romesco onto two plates then place the snapper fillets on top.
- Top with watercress, roasted tomatoes and the remaining almonds. Enjoy!
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Ultimate Grill & Press Contact GrillBack to blog