April 20, 2023
Slow Cooker 12 Hour Lamb Shanks
The kind of show-stopping comfort food cravings are made of, lamb shanks slowed cooked in the Baccarat The Tasty Chef 6L Slow Cooker.
Cooking time: 12 hours
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 4 lamb shanks, trenched 1
- ½ cup tomato puree 250ml red wine 500ml chicken stock
- 200g carrots, large dice 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprig thyme
- ½ bunch parsley, to serve
Back to blog
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Dust the shanks in flour, add to the frying pan and cook until well browned. Transfer the shanks to the slow cooker.
- Wipe out the frying pan, place it back over the heat and add the onion. Saute for 2 minutes until softened. Add the tomato puree and stir well to combine.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then pour over the shanks in the slow cooker.
- Place the carrots, bay and thyme into the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Put the Baccarat The Tasty Chef 6L Slow Cooker's lid into position then turn the appliance on. Press the up arrow to 12.0 (12 hours) then select the Low function. The decimal will flash to show the function has begun.
- Once the setting has completed, garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crushed potatoes. Enjoy!