April 18, 2023
Strawberry & Chocolate Fudge Brownies
These gooey, strawberry and chocolate fudge brownies are a flavour match made in heaven!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Standing time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 150g brown sugar
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter
- 170g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 125g plain flour, sifted twice
- 55g dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 200g fresh strawberries, sliced
Back to blog
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan-forced. Line a 20 x 30 cm rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium-sized saucepan melt the sugars and butter slowly over medium heat. Stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stand aside until completely cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Once cool, whisk in the eggs one at a time, then fold in flour and cocoa.
- Pour into the baking tray, smooth out evenly with a spatula then scatter strawberries over the top. Cook for 18 – 20 minutes.
- The brownie should be shiny and still very soft to the touch when you take it out of the oven. Allow to cool completely in the baking tray before removing and slicing.