April 20, 2023
Zucchini And Haloumi Waffles
This Zucchini And Haloumi Waffles recipe is the great way to start your day and creates plenty for leftovers to last all week!
Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes approximately 12
- 1 large, grated zucchini
- ½ cup buttermilk
- zest of a large lemon
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 4 eggs lightly beaten 100g haloumi grated
- ½ bunch chives season to taste
- smoked salmon cherry tomatoes
- poached eggs
- Insert the waffle plates into the Baccarat The Deluxe Snack 3 in 1 Toastie Press and turn on to preheat.
- In a bowl mix buttermilk, flour, eggs, haloumi, chives, and seasoning.
- Using your hands, squeeze out as much water as possible from the zucchini and add to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spray a light covering of oil onto the heated waffle plates.
- Ladle enough mixture to cover the base of the waffle plate and spread to the edges.
- Close and cook for approx. 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: Waffles freeze well, freeze any remaining waffles and pop them in the toaster to reheatBack to blog